Outputs: Blocks & Formats = Meta Tags?

Chris

12 Nov, 2014 02:46 PM

Is it possible to manipulate meta tags based on the selection of a pages outputs (blocks & formats)?

Put a different way: Let’s say I have a WYSIWYG set by default in my Content Type, is there a way to change that to a plain input field or image selection field by manipulating the (blocks & formats) of that page?

Or is it suggested that I make a separate Content Type, one that has a Data Definition, that outlines a plain input field or image selection field.

I am trying to make this really easy for the users, give them some freedom, but make it structured.

Thanks for the assistance!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 12 Nov, 2014 03:39 PM

Hi Chris,

Depending on your specific use case, you could use smart fields and different asset factories to accomplish this.

So the idea would be that you have maybe a dropdown that toggles the visibility of the WYSIWYG field and plain input field (or image chooser) depending on the selected value. Then, you would create different base assets and asset factories in which that dropdown field has a pre-selected value. So when the user creates a new "WYSIWYG page" the WYSIWYG field is shown, and if they create a new "plain input page" the plain input field is shown.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Chris on 13 Nov, 2014 05:22 PM

That is genius! Thank you.

3. Chris closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2014 05:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac