Indexing the Base Folder metadata

thugsb

20 Oct, 2014 05:34 PM

I've got an Index Block that is indexing the Base Folder of a site. However, when pointing at the Base Folder, it doesn't actually include the Base Folder (and its metadata) in the index, and it just has the system-pages and system-folders that are in the Base Folder inside the system-index-block XML.

Is there a way to get the metadata of the Base Folder itself to be picked up by an Index Block?

1. 1 Posted by thugsb on 20 Oct, 2014 05:49 PM

Update: It seems that it is possible to get the Base Folder metadata by using the "Start at the current page and include its folder hierarchy" option: http://cl.ly/image/3l072K1K1O2j

None of the other 3 options render the Base Folder metadata. This solution will work for me. :)

2. thugsb closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2014 05:49 PM.

3. Tim re-opened this discussion on 20 Oct, 2014 05:52 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tim on 20 Oct, 2014 05:52 PM

Hey there,

I was just about to mention that to you to see if you could verify. It sounds like you're running into the behavior that is mentioned in this post. If you look through there, you'll see that it links to this known bug. There are also some comments on the issue as to why this particular problem will likely not be addressed.

I'm glad to hear that you're able to use the option that does provide this information. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding the issue.

Thanks!

5. Tim closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2014 05:52 PM.

6. thugsb re-opened this discussion on 20 Oct, 2014 05:57 PM

7. 3 Posted by thugsb on 20 Oct, 2014 05:57 PM

Yeah, changing how those options indexed would likely cause a lot of problems. Maybe, if there was enough desire for it, additional options could be added for 1,3 and 4 that would be "with Base Folder too".

8. thugsb closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2014 05:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac