Single destination for a scheduled publish set?

Dave Decker

22 Aug, 2014 07:38 PM

We have several Destinations for testing and development that shouldn't have an automated content push.

I can't figure out how to make a scheduled Publish Set only go to our live server Destination. Is this possible?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 22 Aug, 2014 07:48 PM

Hi Dave,

This is not currently possible, however, the functionality will be available in our next patch release (7.12.1). I would expect that release to be available some time within the next 2-3 weeks assuming all goes well.

In the meantime, the only way to prevent this is to edit the test/dev Destinations and disable them entirely (which isn't always feasible since many scheduled jobs go out in the middle of the night and you want folks to be able to publish to them during the day).

I hope this helps! I'm looking forward to this improvement being in the application as I know many folks need it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

2. 2 Posted by Jake Bradley on 07 Sep, 2014 07:18 PM

Hi Tim,

Did this functionality make it in 7.12.1? I didn't see it mentioned in the release notes.

Thanks!
    Jake

3. 3 Posted by Wing Ming Chan on 08 Sep, 2014 12:35 PM

Hi,

This is possible using web services. Here is the web service code I used:

$page        = $cascade->getPage( 
        'projects/web-services/migration-from-wordpress/index', 'cascade-admin' );
    $destination = $cascade->getDestination( 
        'Cascade-Admin-web', 'cascade-admin' );
    $page->publish( $destination );

Besides publishing a page, I can also publish a folder, a site, or a publish set. Of course I'll need a cron job to run the script. But that part, I assume, is easy to set up.

Wing

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tim on 08 Sep, 2014 12:50 PM

Hi Dave,

We decided to release early with what we had for 7.12.1 just so that folks could benefit from a Broken Link Report fix along with a handful of others. We bumped the issue I was referring to ahead to 7.12.2 (it wasn't finished anyhow), which should be released on the heels of this latest patch release. I'm expecting it to be available in a week or so which is when 7.12.1 was originally planned.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Dave Decker on 30 Sep, 2014 01:48 PM

Any update on 7.12.2 and the inclusion of my aforementioned items?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Tim on 30 Sep, 2014 02:34 PM

Hi Dave,

7.12.2 was released on 9/14 and includes the feature I mentioned previously. Check out the Release Notes for more information. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

7. Tim closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2014 09:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac