associating a date field with a file

mdcarter

30 Aug, 2010 06:13 PM

While I wait for the idea http://ideas.hannonhill.com/forums/52559-cascade-ideas/suggestions/... to become reality I'm looking for some suggestions.

I have a site that contains a large number of pdf files associated w/ meetings. The files need to be associated together based on a meeting date and a committee title. Each meeting does not have a page associated with it so it makes selecting the files individual difficult. I am looking for a solution using metadata that is associated with the file. The problem is that their is no date field in metadata.

My first idea is to create 3 metadata fields (month, date, year) and then use those to grab items for the same date. I can then filter and group files based on the dates and other metadata so that I can create a list of files for each meeting on a single page.

anyone else have another ingenious idea?

thanks

-Matt

1. 1 Posted by mdcarter on 30 Aug, 2010 07:29 PM

since I can't use the metadata values to generate the system name of the file I am trying another route. using an non published page w/ a data definition where they can select the files manually. I can then index the content type and format as needed.

2. mdcarter closed this discussion on 08 Sep, 2010 08:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac