facebook preview

Kevin Chiu

01 Aug, 2014 04:02 PM

Hi,

I am using the cascade server version 7.0 and was wondering how to integrate my company's website with facebook. I mean that when we post a link on facebook, it usually creates an auto preview of what the site looks like based on the content of the page. I've did some research and entered all the necessary metadata property tags and the web pages still doesn't preview correctly. Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Sincerely,
Kevin Chiu
Network Administrator
American Thoracic Society
CompTIA A+ & Network+ Certified

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 01 Aug, 2014 04:13 PM

Hi Kevin,

I went ahead and made this discussion public to see if any of our clients may be able to chime in with any solution(s) they have implemented.

In the meantime, I will check with our Services team to see if they have helped any clients with this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Ji on 07 Aug, 2014 07:40 PM

Hi Kevin,

Any updates from your team? I am also working on the same issue that Kevin is.

Every time I copy our company link on Facebook, the auto preview doesn't pull the correct information from the meta tags that we inserted in the index file. Is there a trick so that Facebook doesn't ignore our meta tags and the auto preview correctly? I posted the same link on Yahoo or Twitter and have no issue previewing.

Let me know if you find any solution or workaround.

Thanks,

Ji

3. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2014 02:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac