Deleting Orphaned Assets

elizabeth.dimoglou

25 Jul, 2014 08:06 PM

We are having issues with deleted pages/assets still being indexed and able to be found through search. Once we find the orphaned deleted pages, how do we delete them?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 28 Jul, 2014 04:00 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

Just to clarify, are you referring to pages being picked up within Cascade Server's internal searching, or search results referencing files on your web server (eg Google search)?

If the later, it sounds like the asset may have been deleted from Cascade Server and not the available Destination(s). What you can do is create a temporary asset with the same name and location within Cascade server and then Delete and Un-publish it. This should remove it from both Cascade Server and the available Destination(s).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 04 Aug, 2014 12:44 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to view my recent comment.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by elizabeth.dimog... on 05 Aug, 2014 01:48 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response. Yes, this was helpful. I just have one more question. If the asset was in a folder structure and the folder structure has also been deleted, would the whole folder structure need to be recreated as well to then delete and un-publish it?

Thanks again for your help,
    Elizabeth

4. 4 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 05 Aug, 2014 03:01 PM

Not a problem at all, Elizabeth, I am glad to hear the information I provided was helpful.

If the asset was in a folder structure and the folder structure has also been deleted, would the whole folder structure need to be recreated as well to then delete and un-publish it?

In this case, you would need to re-create the folder as well as the asset in order to delete and un-publish the asset from the Destination server.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

5. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2014 02:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac