Inline Metadata: Exclude Parent Navigation control

Justin Olson

17 Jul, 2014 09:29 PM

When I bring up a site in Cascade, I'm missing the "Inline Metadata" control under the edit tab of any child folders of that specific site. Why is it gone for this site, but available for all other sites?

Attached is what we see in our Development instance. That is not available in our PROD instance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 18 Jul, 2014 12:32 PM

Hi Justin,

This is likely being caused by one of the following things:

• The Default Metadata Set for the Site has been changed to a Metadata Set which does not include this field. To check, go to the Site Management area, click on the Site in question, then see which Metadata Set is listed in the Default Metadata Set field. If it is not the Metadata Set you were expecting, you can change it in this interface (I would recommend creating a backup of the database prior to doing so just to be safe!).
    • The Default Metadata Set for the Site has been modified and the field in question has been removed. To see whether or not this is the case, navigate to the Metadata Set in question and check to see if you have this Radio option configured under the Dynamic Fields pane.
    • The Default Metadata Set for the Site has been modified and the field in question has been hidden. Navigate to the Dynamic Fields pane, find the Radio button configuration in question, then verify that the Visibility is set to Inline.

I hope this helps! Let me know what you find.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by Justin J. Olson on 18 Jul, 2014 02:38 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the help. The issue was with the Default Metadata Set not being set up correctly at the parent, apparently.

Thank you!
    Justin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 18 Jul, 2014 02:38 PM

No problem, Justin! Glad you were able to get this resolved. Have a good one!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2014 02:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac