Adding new rows in Tables causing formatting problems....

Jason

14 Jul, 2014 11:18 PM

I am currently attempting to update a few tables on our department website, but when adding new rows, the content below the tables is moving to the right of the table instead of downwards. In the attached image for example, the "student profile" header should be below the 2006-2007 line. Any tips on how to correct this? Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 15 Jul, 2014 12:39 PM

Hi Jason,

It sounds as though the table above the Student Profile is not properly clearing the whitespace to the right, causing the heading to wrap up next to the table.

When you have a moment, try editing the table with the years in it to make the width 100% and that should fix the issue.

Note: this will cause the second column content to "shift" to the right, so what you will most likely want to do is make sure the content within the cells is set to align to the left and specify a smaller width for the first column.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Jason C Sison on 26 Jul, 2014 02:21 AM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your help on our formatting issues! I just now had the time to go in and try fixing the table width, but I’m not sure how to adjust it to 100% in Table Properties? There’s a field for width, but it seems to be for a numeric value as opposed to a percentage.

Jason C. Sison
    Undergraduate Academic Advisor
    Department of Physics
    182A Physics Bldg
    Ph: 530-752-4092
    Email: [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 28 Jul, 2014 02:27 PM

Not a problem at all, Jason.

You are correct, the width field within table properties will only accept pixels and not percentages. Not really sure why it is this way, but unfortunately, this is an issue with the TinyMCE plugin itself and there isn't much we can do there.

As a workaround, you would either want to either add an inline style attribute or a class to your table that adds the 100% width. Both workarounds would require editing the WYSIWYG's HTML.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 04 Aug, 2014 12:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac