Search for blocks

a-vennerstrom

30 Jun, 2014 04:52 PM

We've loaded all of our blocks with a very consistent naming scheme. For example, all of our forms are using a Wufoo block so they are named 'contact-wufoo' or 'register-wufoo' or 'deposit-wufoo', etc.

I would like to do a search to find ALL of our forms so I searched for 'wufoo' (because wufoo is in the system name for every block) and it doesn't return any results. I entered the search term in the asset name, content, and metadata. I also tried 'match all words' or 'match any words'. I've tried basic, advanced, and search/replace. I've tried searching all home area assets and selecting just blocks.

Any advice on how to get this to work?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 01 Jul, 2014 01:14 PM

Hi,

I was performing some search tests in my local instance and believe I was running into similar behavior with regards to assets with a dash (-) in their name. Specifically, if the asset name is form-display and I search for display, the asset would not be returned under advanced, but would be under basic (although buried within the many results).

I believe the behavior may be due to the - character being a reserved character with our search library, because this is the not operator.

That being said, let's try the following to see if you are able to return results:

This should locate all pages with their name ending in -wufoo.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Wing Ming Chan on 01 Jul, 2014 01:32 PM

Hi,

If you are interested in searching assets using web services, check out my AssetTree Recipes.

Wing

3. 3 Posted by a-vennerstrom on 01 Jul, 2014 03:35 PM

Thanks Ryan! That worked!

4. 4 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 01 Jul, 2014 03:38 PM

Thank you for following up, I am glad to hear the wildcard character and escaping the dash did the trick.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

5. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 01 Jul, 2014 03:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac