file upload

caseyw

19 Aug, 2010 07:13 PM

Hello,

We have a question that is very similar to http://help.hannonhill.com/discussions/how-do-i/91-file-upload-from....

Our users are trying to upload images in the WYSIWYG editor while editing a page and the upload option is not showing up in the file chooser. They are experiencing the same issue with trying to upload a new document when inserting a link.

The permissions of the role that the user's group inherits has "upload images in file chooser" checked, as well as "bypass workflow."

The group that the user is in has write access to all of the folders on the site except for folders like css, scripts, _internal. They are trying to upload images and documents to the images and docs folder, which they have write access to.

Using New > Default > File works just fine, but it does not make sense why they can't upload images when editing a page using the WYSIWYG's insert/edit image button. Are we missing something that would allow them to see the upload tab?

Thanks in advance for your help!
~Casey

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 20 Aug, 2010 07:48 PM

Hi Casey,

Are the users attempting to do this in the Global area or in a Site? If in a Site, make sure that their Site Roles have been modified as mentioned in that post (to include the 'Bypass Workflow' and 'Upload images in file chooser' abilities).

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by caseyw on 23 Aug, 2010 01:54 PM

Hi Tim,

Adding those abilities to the site roles worked. It was a bit confusing since the global roles that their groups are assigned to had those abilities. Either way, it's fixed now!

Thanks!
    Casey

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 23 Aug, 2010 02:52 PM

Good deal! Glad I was able to help out!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 23 Aug, 2010 02:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac