Best way to implement Event/News Articles with Twitter, Facebook, and Email outputs.

jriley

02 Jun, 2014 03:37 PM

I am looking for recommendations on how to implement a feature where a user can generate an event and/or news article that will post links to twitter and facebook as well as an output for an email blast.

I could create an asset type for every use case, (ie: Event w/ Twitter, or News Article w/ Twitter and Facebook, Both Event and News Article w/ Email Blast only, etc...) but this seems too complicated.

I'd love it if I could just add a multi-select menu to the meta-data or data-def and let it select from there but I'm not seeing how. I could do that no problem for the Event, News Article and Email Blast options. But because of the way facebook and twitter connectors are based off of content types/outputs, I'm having a hard time coming up with a one-stop solution. Maybe I'm not seeing it the right way or just a little dense this morning. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Josh Riley

1. 1 Posted by Penny on 11 Nov, 2014 06:48 PM

Hi Josh,

I'd recommend utilizing Spectate to post to Twitter and Facebook. We often will give users a checkbox option to post to Twitter and/or Facebook along with a corresponding message to be sent to those feeds. You could just use the Title/Summary field. You would then create an RSS feed for each, pulling in items with the checkbox checked, respectively. You could then add this RSS feed link to Spectate and syndicate the contents to be posted to Twitter and/or Facebook. I think you can also post to Linkedin, if you would like.

I hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by jriley on 11 Nov, 2014 08:21 PM

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the idea! I had no idea about Spectate when I posted that. We've just recently started experimenting with it and I think we will be doing exactly what you just recommended. Thanks again!

Josh Riley

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 11 Nov, 2014 08:25 PM

Thank you for following up, Josh. I am glad to hear that Spectate will be able to accomplish what you are looking for.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2014 08:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac