Allow Administrator to make edits to pages in a workflow

John

03 Aug, 2010 03:37 PM

This is in the workflow section of the knowledge base:

"Editing a workflow that is already underway is an option available only to Administrators.

To edit the workflow, browse to the user or group in the Administration area, and click the Workflows tab. This allows you to view all current workflows and take appropriate action."

According to this I should be able to edit a page that's currently in a workflow. However, I don't see where I do this from. I'm doing exactly as these instructions tell me to, but I'm not presented with any edit abilities on the pages in a workflow. Do I have to explicitly declare this ability for administrators in the workflow itself? I would assume since I'm an administrator that I don't have to actually put that in the workflow.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 03 Aug, 2010 09:25 PM

Hi,

I believe you've stumbled across some documentation that is out of date. This functionality, as I understand, does not exist within the product.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'll see that the page is updated to reflect the correct behavior.

2. Tim closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2010 09:25 PM.

3. John re-opened this discussion on 04 Aug, 2010 02:45 PM

4. 2 Posted by John on 04 Aug, 2010 02:45 PM

So there is no way for an administrator to get to a page in a workflow? What happens if someone assigns it to themselves and then leaves the school before it's ever moved forward in the workflow? Is the only option to delete the workflow and thus delete the edits?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 25 Aug, 2010 03:18 PM

Apologies for the delayed response on this post.

As of now, there is no way to reassign workflow steps. There is an idea in our Idea Exchange related to this issue.

Please be sure to vote/comment on that item.

To answer your last question, I do believe the only option now would be to remove the workflow from the asset.

Thanks

6. Tim closed this discussion on 02 Sep, 2010 07:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac