[Assign to Me] Missing in Workflow

sawenri

09 May, 2012 03:22 PM

The [Assign to Me] link is missing for users in the group assigned in the transition step even if the user/group has a rolle with full admin rights. The link only appears when the user/group is given the default "Administrator" role. What am I missing?

1. 1 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 14 May, 2012 05:25 PM

Can you provide us:

• a copy of your workflow definition XML and let us know which step you're having issues with
    • a screenshot of the user's role who you would like to have the Assign to Me functionality>

And can you also tell us:

• Are you using Sites? Is the Role that the User belongs to that grants them the ability to assign workflows to themselves a Global Role or a Site Role?

Usually, missing this ability indicates an issue with the group membership or with the scope of the role assigned to that user.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by sawenri on 14 May, 2012 05:37 PM

Yes I'm using Sites. The user I'm testing with has a Global role with "Assign to self and approve steps in a workflow: Enabled"

Workflow:

mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify mode notify

Attached is a screen capture.

3. 3 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 14 May, 2012 05:43 PM

Hi, Site Roles trump Global Roles when a user in a Site, so you'll need to make sure that whatever Site Role that user has also permits him to assign workflows to himself.

4. 4 Posted by sawenri on 14 May, 2012 06:10 PM

This user doesn't have any Site roles applied. This user only has one
    Role, which has "Assign to self and approve steps in a workflow: Enabled."

5. 5 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 14 May, 2012 07:46 PM

Does the user have browsing access to the Site where the workflow is being used? Users should have at least one Site Role unless they're a Global Administrator. This Site Role determines if they have the ability to do things like assign workflows to themselves. If they don't have a Site Role, it's assumed that they don't have the ability.

6. 6 Posted by sawenri on 14 May, 2012 09:32 PM

Having Site Role as opposed to a Global Role made the difference. Thanks.

7. 7 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 14 May, 2012 10:13 PM

Great. Thanks for the update.

8. Bradley Wagner closed this discussion on 14 May, 2012 10:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac