Connectors

webteam

20 Apr, 2012 07:13 PM

I was wondering if it is possible to give users access to just connectors? Here is the use case I am thinking about. A non-administrator would go to New and select connector and select the Twitter connector. Then they could go through the set up process themselves.
Why? We don't give our users access to the Administration area so they can not see the connectors. It isn't a problem for us to set these up for them since it is generally a set it and forget it situation. But the problem is we need to get their user and pass for their account in order to set it up. For obvious reasons, I don't want to know my users' credentials for any of their accounts outside Cascade.
The process of setting these connectors up is pretty easy and I think most of our users could handle it. I temporarily gave one of my users full admin for their site so they could see the Administration area and then walked them through the set up of the connector over the phone. This isn't ideal of course and would prefer not to do it.
Would it be possible to move the connectors out of the Administration area? Or is there a better way of handling this I am not thinking of?

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 30 Apr, 2012 05:39 PM

Hi,

I don't see Connectors ever being moved out of the Administration area. Based on what you are describing, however, I do think you could accomplish this using a custom Role. Try creating a new Site Role with just the following abilities enabled:

• Access the Administration area
    • Access Connectors

Then, you can assign a User (or Group of Users) to this Role for a particular Site. Once you've done that, they'll be able to access the Administration area but they'll only be able to see the Connectors section.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 07 May, 2012 01:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac