General Information about your Cascade Server experience

tesla82as

15 Feb, 2012 07:37 AM

We are looking at Cascade Server as one of three on our short list.

Would love to hear any input on their system, positive or negative, either from the developer or user standpoint.

It doesn't have the newest architecture behind it, but would certainly do a lot of what we need out of the box.

1. 1 Posted by chaoaj on 15 Feb, 2012 11:20 AM

At JMU we are in the middle of implementing Cascade Server and have found it to meet all of the requirements we had for a CMS. We love the push based publishing which means that your site's uptime is not dependent on a database being up. Some other positives include the ability to create your own content types from a very robust framework(some say older architecture, I say robust). This allows you to easily capture lots of different data types and put them in a standard form for users to add content into the system allowing them to not have to worry about layout but just add content. Flexibility of template would be another great feature of Cascade. The support from Hannon Hill is outstanding as is the user community. Things that I had found wanting are actually being added in the latest version like Site copy and migration between instances.

2. 2 Posted by mark on 08 Mar, 2012 01:13 AM

I am curious to know which others are on your short list?

3. Bradley Wagner closed this discussion on 26 Mar, 2012 08:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac