Index the folder above

rgeorge

11 Aug, 2011 10:15 PM

Hi, I have over 50 program folders, each with 5-10 pages in each folder. However, now I have to create sub-folders in each program folder containing news articles, but I can't create the same menu of the folder above (or parent folder) because I can't index upwards. Does anyone have a solution?

For example:
Program Folder > index.html, program.html, news.html, contact.html
Sub Folder > article1.html, article2.html, article3.html

1. 1 Posted by Charlie Holder on 12 Aug, 2011 07:18 PM

There is currently not very good way to do this without indexing a much larger number of assets than you'd like.

One solution would be to create an Index Block that starts at the Base Folder (or as low as you can get while still including all teh programs) and renders forward the desired number of levels to get access to that data. Obviously this is going to bloat the pages with unneeded data.

Another solution would be to create a separate Index Block for each Program Folder indexing down just 1 level or so. With this one though you'd be creating a different, unique Index Block for every program (in your case it sounds like 50).

You might be interested in this idea on the Idea Exchange for helping create new types of Index Block renderings.

Hope this helps!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2012 02:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac