Issues with assets being stuck in workflow.

ediego

20 Nov, 2015 02:06 PM

I have a workflow defined on an asset. The workflow has a step to reject the changes and end the workflow completely.

I am attaching the XML for the workflow. and a screenshot of the asset still in workflow.

Here is the workflow history. The last step was rthe reject-completely. Is there some step im missing?

User Comments When Action
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM create
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM initialize
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM rsp-stage-review
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM approve-publish
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM publish-s
j.mesa5 Nov 16, 2015 8:48 AM rpp-prod-review
j.mesa5 Nov 17, 2015 1:19 PM reject-completely

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 20 Nov, 2015 02:32 PM

Hi Emil,

I noticed your reject-workflow step doesn't actually do anything, so I was curious if you have considered simply making the next step the complete-email-notification instead. So you would have the following:

<step type="transition" identifier="review-content-staging" label="STAGING: Review Content for Approval" default-group="ACAD-ADMIS-admissions.miami.edu-Undergraduate-Staging-Approver" >
        <actions>
            <action identifier="reject-to-edit" label="No, Return to Edit" next-id="edit-content-staging-owner" >
                <trigger name="com.cms.workflow.function.AssignToWorkflowOwner" />
            </action>
            <action identifier="reject-completely" label="No, Cancel All Changes" next-id="completed-email-notification" />
            <action identifier="approve-publish" label="Approve and Publish" move="forward" />
        </actions>
    </step>

I'm not sure if it will fix the problem (worth a shot), but it would remove the extra step to reject. So, instead of the user clicking No, Cancel All Changes and then clicking an additional Reject and Delete Workflow, they simply click No, Cancel All Changes.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by ediego on 20 Nov, 2015 02:51 PM

ok, i can try that. but currently its set to reject-workflow, which automatically transitions to completed-email-notification?

Shouldn't that be the same thing?

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 20 Nov, 2015 03:08 PM

ok, i can try that. but currently its set to reject-workflow, which automatically transitions to completed-email-notification?

Well, the reject-workflow will not automatically transition, it has an additional Reject and Delete Workflow step in order for the workflow to transition to the completed-email-notification step. Looking over the workflow history in your initial comment, it appears this is where the workflow is currently waiting on that additional action.

If you do make my proposed adjustment, that reject-completely action will result in an automatic transition to completed-email-notification which in turn transitions to the workflow being completed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 09 Dec, 2015 04:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac