Custom Metadata information

Morgan Deters

23 Jul, 2015 02:57 PM

Hi,
I'm with the University of Wyoming's Institutional Marketing Web Service and we are wondering if you could provide us with any information regarding a section that seems to be set up by our predecessor in our custom metadata in the CMS. I have attached a screen capture on the section that I am referring to (bottom section). We would like to know what the determines the priority value (0.1-1.0) for the Google Site Map Priority and how we would be able to explain to our clients the meaning of those values and what would work best for them. Also in regards to the priority, how does the Google Site Map Change Frequency affect it? What would be the best frequency a user should set it to?

We have searched your Knowledge Base and many other articles of yours and can not seem to find any information.

Any help at all, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Morgan Deters
Marketing Assistant
Institutional Marketing
University of Wyoming
307-766-2455
[email blocked]

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 23 Jul, 2015 09:01 PM

Hi Morgan,

Based on the sitemap protocol:

• The priority is the priority of the page/URL based on others within the Site
    • The change frequency describes how frequently the page/URL is likely to change

More information about these and other sitemap elements can be found here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Morgan Jay Dete... on 23 Jul, 2015 09:03 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for the information on the site maps! I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Morgan

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 23 Jul, 2015 09:06 PM

Not a problem at all, Morgan, I am glad to hear you found the links to be helpful. You can also find additional information on Google's support website.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2015 09:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac