The CMS is reformatting some of my code and I can't get it to stop

ediego

15 Jan, 2015 08:49 PM

I have a block that I need to output some very specifically formatted code to the html file,

the line should be this
<i class="fa fa-caret-down"></i>
but it gets output like this instead
<i class="fa fa-caret-down"/>

I created the XML/HTML block, and when I submitted the HTML code I made sure to uncheck the tidy HTML option. when I view the source it displays correctly, but gets altered when the final HTML file is output. I need the HTML page to have the original (<i class="fa fa-caret-down"></i>) outputted string otherwise it breaks the page. I've tried using a text block, but the same thing happens.

How can i get the CMS to output that string as written?

1. 1 Posted by t1merritt on 16 Jan, 2015 05:52 PM

Hello,

Have you tried the code passthroughs?

http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Code-Sections/

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 16 Jan, 2015 06:09 PM

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

The rewriting of the <i> tag is due to a process used during XML serialization that expands specific tags. Specifically, there is a configuration file that determines what tags should be left expanded; otherwise, the tag will be converted to a self-closing tag.

I see that we have a known defect logged for this behavior. Feel free to use this link to track the progress of this issue or keep an eye out for it on our Release Notes site.

In the meantime, the simplest workaround is to add a non-breaking space inside of the tag so that it is no longer empty: <i class="fa fa-caret-down">&#160;</i>.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

3. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2015 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac