file/asset relationships

Jory Keller

10 Jun, 2014 03:15 PM

I know that you can view an individual file's relationships when you select "Delete" but I am cleaning up a site that has hundreds upon hundreds of files (mostly images), some of which are in use and some which are not, and no organization or separation.

Is there a way to do a bulk relationship check to find all items that are not in use without having to check each individual file?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 10 Jun, 2014 03:35 PM

Hi Jory,

Off-hand, I believe the only way to accomplish this would be to use Web Services. If you are running Cascade Server 7.2+, you could use the listSubscribers method to see if your file is being linked to, and repeat that for each. This basically mimics visiting the file and clicking on the Subscribers/Relationships tab (depending on what version of Cascade Server you are running).

Note: There were some issues with subscribers such as not listing choosers, but Cascade Server 7.8 introduced additional functionality with Relationships, which I believe should help return more items when using listSubscribers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Wing Ming Chan on 10 Jun, 2014 03:41 PM

Hi Jory,

You might be interested in Managing Orphans.

Wing

3. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2014 01:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac