Reverting submitted changes

Jonathan

14 May, 2014 06:38 PM

We hired an outside vendor to create our website. During the process of adding content, an essential block/navigation competent was deleted. The changes have not be submitted to be published yet. How can I revert back to the published versions and eliminate the changes that have been made since the site was last published to the staging site? Thank you!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 May, 2014 06:44 PM

Hi Jonathan,

To clarify, was it a single Block or Format that was deleted? If so, have you checked the Recycle Bin for these assets?

If it/they are not present in the Recycle Bin, the only way to get this information back would be to either rollback the database, which would cause you to lose all changes after that point, or recreate it manually. If you have a test or dev instance and a copy of the database that includes this information, you could restore the copy on your test/dev instance and use that as a reference when recreating it in your production instance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Cook, Jonathan on 14 May, 2014 07:04 PM

It is not in the recycle bin. Would the rollback simply restore it to the last version that was published to the staging site? If so, I would like to know how to do this. Thank you!

[Jonathan Cook, MPH - Center for MSACD]

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 May, 2014 08:06 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Would the rollback simply restore it to the last version that was published to the staging site?

This would be a complete database rollback, which will restore your Cascade Server instance back to that point in time. The downside to this is that it will cause you to lose any work done after that point.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2014 12:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac