Can't upload file

rpatel

10 Nov, 2010 07:44 PM

Hi,

When i upload any Image file, pdf file or word document it shows weird characters. I have attached screen shot for reference with copy of files. Here's how i did it. FYI, I'm doing this in version 6.7.3 - 8e58e.

To Upload Image

1. Select Image folder
  2. Click New, soka, Image, Image - No thumbnail
  3. Enter Display name and Title and Browse for file.
  4. select file called Viewbook-button.jpg and click submit.

For Uploading Word document and PDF file

1. click on Files folder, Documents
  2. Click New, soka, File
  3. Enter Display name and title
  4. Browse for file called Upgrading Cascade Server.Docx (for Word) and Upgrading Cascade Server.pdf (for PDF) and Submit.

Thank you,

1. 1 Posted by Penny on 15 Nov, 2010 08:01 PM

I think your issue is that your files do not have extensions on them. You will need to include the extension in the System Name field so that the system knows how to render them.

So viewbook should be something like viewbook.jpg, cascade should be cascade.pdf, etc

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

2. 2 Posted by Penny on 15 Nov, 2010 09:52 PM

Followup to the other post:
    I just noticed you stated that you were using the Asset Factory to do this. I believe the Asset Factory has a Display Name or Title to Sytem Name plugin.

A bug was fixed where the extension was not being preserved in the 6.7.4 patch. If you upgrade to the this patch release, you should no longer have this issue.
    http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Release-Notes/6.7.4/index.html#release... (CSI-81)

Of course, you will still need to add the extensions to files you already created.

3. Tim closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2011 01:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac