Progressive Disclosure Issues

Todd Ashmore

04 Mar, 2014 02:39 PM

I am trying to use the new progressive disclosure feature on a group with multiple set to true.

The issue I'm running into is that when you change the radio on one of the instances, they all change. So for example, on instance 1 if I select the "Outside CMS" radio, the 2nd and 3rd instance also change.

Is this sort of thing not possible yet with progressive disclosure or am I doing something wrong? I've provided my code below in hopes that it is something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the help,
Todd.

<group identifier="button" label="Button" multiple="true" maximum-number="10"> <text identifier="title" label="Button Title" required="true"/> <text type="radiobutton" identifier="internal-external" label="Link Location" default="Inside CMS" required="true"> <radio-item value="Inside CMS" show-fields="button/internal-path"/> <radio-item value="Outside CMS" show-fields="button/external-path"/> </text> <asset type="page" identifier="internal-path" label="Link (Inside CMS)" required="true" /> <text identifier="external-path" label="Link (Outside CMS)" required="true" /> </group>

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 04 Mar, 2014 02:44 PM

Hi Todd,

It looks and sounds like you are running into this known issue. We'll work to address this in the near future for one of our next patch releases.

Keep an eye on any Release Notes for patches that we make available so that you can see whether or not this item made it in.

Apologies for the inconvenience! Let me know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by Todd Ashmore on 04 Mar, 2014 02:47 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up Tim. I look forward to seeing the patch for this. Other than that bug, it's an amazing feature.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 04 Mar, 2014 02:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Todd! We definitely appreciate it. Once we get this particular bug fixed it should be a really solid addition to the product. Have a great one!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2014 02:51 PM.

5. Ryan Griffith re-opened this discussion on 14 May, 2014 07:04 PM

6. 4 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 May, 2014 07:04 PM

Hi Todd,

Great news, Cascade Server 7.10.1 is now official and can be downloaded by visiting our downloads page. In this release is a fix for smart field inheritance, which should definitely help out your situation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

7. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 14 May, 2014 07:04 PM.

8. Todd Ashmore re-opened this discussion on 14 May, 2014 07:33 PM

9. 5 Posted by Todd Ashmore on 14 May, 2014 07:33 PM

That’s awesome news. Thanks for letting me know!

Todd Ashmore
    Information Technology Services
    Phone: 402-559-2822<tel:402-559-2822>
    E-Mail: [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

10. 6 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 May, 2014 08:07 PM

Not a problem at all, Todd. Please let us know if you have any questions with the upgrade process, or run into any issues relating to the new smart fields improvement.

Have a great day!

11. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 14 May, 2014 08:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac