Bypass workflow - upload images

Eric

14 Feb, 2014 03:07 PM

Cascade Server 7.8.3
We are attempting to require workflows on many of our sites and when I 'disable' bypass workflow it also removes the 'Upload' option on the 'Please choose a File' screen when editing a page, see attached screenshots. Is it possible to allow the user to upload an image through the page dialog with the bypass workflow disabled? This is occurring even on sites that we have 'Require Workflow' set to 'No'.
They are able to navigate to New -> Default -> File, but that is a lot of extra clicks and not near as convenient.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 17 Feb, 2014 03:36 PM

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately it is not possible for Users to upload an image through the WYSIWYG unless they have the ability to bypass Workflow. I do think it's kind of strange that this is occurring in Folders where Workflow isn't required in the first place. I am pretty sure it has always worked this way, but to me that logic seems a little weird.

Let me check with my developers to see if that is intended or not and I'll get back to you.

Thanks

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tim on 03 Mar, 2014 08:19 PM

Hi Eric,

I discussed this behavior with my developers and they confirmed that the logic to do this is just not in the application right now (ie, there isn't a mechanism in choosers which would check to see if the currently selected Folder to upload into requires Workflow).

Given that I can see others potentially running into this behavior as well, it seems like it would be a good candidate for an improvement. If you agree, please feel free to log it as a new idea on our Idea Exchange so that others may vote/comment on it.

Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Thanks!

3. Tim closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2014 08:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac