list of configuration sets applied to file assets in a folder

May

04 Nov, 2013 04:15 PM

Hello! Is there a way to list all the configuration sets applied to file assets in a folder without going through each of the files?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 04 Nov, 2013 05:11 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify, did you mean Metadata Sets for Files or Configuration Sets for Pages? I ask because Configuration Sets are only applicable for Page assets.

In either case, this can be done by using the listSubscribers Web Services operation to access the subscribing assets for a specific either a Metadata Set or Configuration Set. Note: this method is only available as of Cascade Server 7.2+.

If you need to go the other direction, that is view the Metadata Set or Configuration Set for assets within a Folder, you can use Web Services to read the assets within a given folder, read each child asset, and obtain the value of either the Metadata Set or Configuration Set setting.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by May on 05 Nov, 2013 04:01 PM

Thanks. Do you have a video or instructions how to use listSubscribers Web Services?

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 05 Nov, 2013 04:32 PM

Hm, I do not recall any videos or instructions specific to listSubscribers; however, I do have a sample script that is written in PHP that will loop over the subscribers for a Metadata Set. I have attached the script to this discussion.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by May on 12 Nov, 2013 04:47 PM

Thanks

5. Tim closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2013 08:44 PM.

6. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 12 Nov, 2013 09:11 PM

Not a problem at all, I hope my sample script helps give you a good starting point.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac