iPad/iPhone use

dunlopc

23 Oct, 2010 05:52 PM

Has anyone found an Ipad or Iphone browser app that allows proper usage of Cascade. I have tried a few different ones and have yet to find one that allows me to properly edit pages. They all seem to have an issue with scroll bars in the edit window. Even tried browser apps that offer multiple desktop browser render modes and it doesn't over come the issue.

1. 1 Posted by Terry Rice on 25 May, 2011 05:40 PM

Dunlopc,

Having the same issues... would love to be able to post news stories from an iPad. We are going to try using Junos Pulse to remote to a desktop and see if that works. Have you had any further success since October?

2. 2 Posted by hinderliterj on 07 Nov, 2011 02:35 AM

The scroll bar issue has been fixed with iOS5. So I suggest trying again, my current problem with it is the file block, I can't upload anything. Anyone else have any success with file uploads for things like images using iPad?

3. 3 Posted by Chris on 25 Nov, 2011 10:04 PM

I'm not sure about the file problem, but for the scrollbars try using two fingers. I've done editing in both my iPhone and iPad and it works okay (not great... just okay). The scroll bars are a pain, especially on the iPhone, but if you use two fingers and drag up or down in the window that has the scrollbar it should scroll for you.

4. 4 Posted by Joel on 25 Nov, 2011 10:40 PM

Hey Chris,

To scroll within an iframe on iOS5 you'll want to do a vertical finger swipe (single finger is fine) on the LEFT side of the iframe area (and maybe slightly outside of the border). On a laptop or PC, the scroll bar is on the right, so naturally you would expect finger motions on the right side, but only when you use the left side will the iframe scroll.

Thanks!

5. Tim closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2012 02:39 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac