Global to Site migration: transports

May

26 Apr, 2013 01:30 PM

Hi,

I got this message while running the test site migration (global to site): " No transports will be moved to the new Site during this migration."

Does this mean I need to re-create transports after migrating the site?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 26 Apr, 2013 05:26 PM

Hey there,

My guess is that this message appeared because the Transport(s) in the Global area may be in use by other Destinations which are not being migrated. Assuming that is the case, I believe your new Site object should still reference the Transport in the Global area after the migration. To verify, go to the Destinations interface in your new Site and click on one of the Destinations using this Transport. The Transport field should read something like this: Global::{transportName}

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by May on 26 Apr, 2013 06:09 PM

Hi Tim,

I'll check when I am done migrating the site. Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 08 May, 2013 03:40 PM

Just checking in to see if you ran into any problems with this. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks

4. 4 Posted by May on 10 May, 2013 06:20 PM

Hi Tim,

I encounter this migration error:

An error occurred: Task failed: com.hannonhill.cascade.model.sites.FinalizeMigrationTask@11e81fc: Could not execute JDBC batch update; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 10 May, 2013 06:21 PM

Can you attach your entire cascade.log file from the day you ran into this error? It should provide us with some more context.

Thanks!

6. 6 Posted by May on 10 May, 2013 06:27 PM

Hi Tim,

Please see attached.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tim on 10 May, 2013 08:05 PM

Thanks for attaching that log file. I'm seeing a lot of the following errors:

2013-05-09 09:57:32,931 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_f39_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

This error means that MySQL is having problems writing to a temporary file on the database server. I've seen a few different things cause this issue before:
    • Can you verify that MySQL can write to your tmpdir directory?
    • Can you verify that your database server has plenty of hard drive space available?
    • Do you have any anti-virus programs on the database server that are running an on-access scanner?

I'll wait to hear from you.

Thanks!

8. 8 Posted by May on 13 May, 2013 07:11 PM

Hi Tim,

All the assets and folders vanished in the global area. Does this normally happens when there is a MySQL error during the migration process?

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Tim on 13 May, 2013 07:46 PM

Hmm, I haven't ever seen that behavior before but I don't know that I've had anyone else stumble upon a database problem during a migration. Can you tell if the site was actually migrated into a Site object? If there is no Site object and there are no assets in the Global Area anymore, it sounds like that MySQL error may have caused data loss. Do you have a recent backup of the database that you can restore from just prior to the migration attempt?

10. 10 Posted by May on 14 May, 2013 01:19 PM

Hi Tim,

It was a data loss but was able to restore the database and assets/files back in the global area. When I log in to the CMS, I encounter this warning message: "An error occurred: The object requested could not be found.".

Found this in the error log (see attached):

2013-05-13 16:36:33,012 WARN [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1146, SQLState: 42S02
    2013-05-13 16:36:33,024 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Table 'cascade.cxml_publishrequest' doesn't exist
    2013-05-13 16:36:33,025 ERROR [PublishServiceImpl] Error when expiring and purging requests:

The table 'cascade.cxml.publishrequest exists in the database. Please help.

Thanks.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Tim on 14 May, 2013 01:30 PM

Hmm, yea it looks like Cascade doesn't have permissions to read any of the tables in the Cascade Server database. When you restored the data, did you make sure to grant read/write access to all of the tables for the database user you are connecting with from Cascade?

You could try logging into the MySQL console using the same credentials that are in your tomcat/conf/context.xml file and then see if you are able to interact with any of the Cascade tables (or see them at all, for that matter).

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

12. 12 Posted by May on 14 May, 2013 03:10 PM

Hi Tim,

It has all the read/write privileges and was able to save data in the tables but I am still getting the warning message: "An error occurred: The object requested could not be found."

I tried the test migration after restoring the database and encountered the same mysql error and data loss. I think the mysql warning/error could be the one preventing the migration.

Can you help find out what is causing the error and how to resolve it? Refer to the attached log.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Tim on 14 May, 2013 03:17 PM

This particular log file only contains an error that is mentioning a violated constraint (unrelated). If you are still hitting the MySQL issue that you ran into here, you'll want to check those items I listed there to see if any of those could be the case.

In addition, here are a few related links describing this MySQL issue that may help you track down the problem:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11997012/mysql-cant-create-write...
    http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,89672,89672
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en///cannot-create.html

Let me know if these help!

14. 14 Posted by May on 14 May, 2013 03:47 PM

I no longer ran into the read/write issue.

I came across new warning/errors as follows, what do these errors mean and how to resolve it?

2013-05-14 09:39:41,893 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1451, SQLState: 23000
    2013-05-14 09:39:41,910 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (cascade.cxml_unpublishable, CONSTRAINT FK_UNPUBLISHABLE_DEST FOREIGN KEY (destinationId) REFERENCES cxml_destination (id))
    2013-05-14 09:39:41,910 ERROR [AbstractFlushingEventListener] Could not synchronize database state with session
    org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
    Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (cascade.cxml_unpublishable, CONSTRAINT FK_UNPUBLISHABLE_DEST FOREIGN KEY (destinationId) REFERENCES cxml_destination (id))
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (cascade.cxml_unpublishable, CONSTRAINT FK_UNPUBLISHABLE_DEST FOREIGN KEY (destinationId) REFERENCES cxml_destination (id))
    2013-05-14 10:08:32,915 INFO  [LoginServiceImpl] Login destruction yielded 1 removed logins
    2013-05-14 10:23:29,921 INFO  [LocalDataSourceJobStore] Handling 10 trigger(s) that missed their scheduled fire-time.

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by Tim on 14 May, 2013 03:57 PM

OK, there is really only 1 error in those messages - the rest are all INFO level and WARN level which you do not need to be concerned with. The error in question here is the constraint violation I mentioned earlier. Let me check with my developers to see what the next steps will be for you to resolve this particular error.

I'll get back to you once I hear from them.

Thanks

16. 16 Posted by May on 14 May, 2013 06:13 PM

Ok thanks. Will wait for your reply.

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Tim on 14 May, 2013 07:00 PM

When you have the chance, can you send us the contents of your cxml_unpublishable table? It seems like something must be getting unpublished as you are attempting to perform the migration.

Thanks

18. 18 Posted by May on 14 May, 2013 07:09 PM

See attached.

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Tim on 14 May, 2013 07:35 PM

Thanks for providing that information. Can you tell us what version you are on? It's possible that you are running into this known issue that was corrected for 7.0.6.

If you can verify that nothing is actively un-publishing in the system, feel free to truncate the cxml_unpublishable table and then attempt the migration again.

I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thanks

20. 20 Posted by May on 15 May, 2013 01:07 PM

I'm running into version 7.2.1 - 61d8b. Has there any issues like this with this version? Let me try truncating the unpublishable table and do the test migration again.

21. 21 Posted by May on 15 May, 2013 02:21 PM

Hi Tim,

I was able to successfully migrate the site from global to the site area. This was resolved by truncating the cxml_unpublishable table. Thanks a lot.

22. Support Staff 22 Posted by Tim on 15 May, 2013 02:35 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Have a great one.

23. Tim closed this discussion on 15 May, 2013 02:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac