tinymce does not break the viewport in the browser

ssuh

27 Aug, 2010 07:37 PM

versin - 6.7 - r14254

Before i could move the tinymce html editor anywhere i wanted to, but now it seems it's confined to the viewport. Is there a way to change this setting?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 30 Aug, 2010 08:17 PM

Hi Steve,

I haven't been able to replicate this behavior using Firefox 3.6.8, IE 8.0.7600, Chrome 5.0, or Safari 4.0.5 (all on Win 7). What browser are you using - and - do you have any browser plugins installed that might be interfering?

2. 2 Posted by ssuh on 31 Aug, 2010 06:53 PM

Runnig ie8 and firefox 3.6.8

I run dual monitors and I can't move the tinymce editor window to the 2nd monitor. it's restricted to the browser viewport.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 31 Aug, 2010 07:15 PM

Ah, now I see what you are saying. I can't get the HTML source window to move to my other monitor (when the window is maximized) either. This also happens on the TinyMCE demo site, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with Cascade. I checked back in Cascade Server 6.0 as well and this behavior was still there. That version had an older TinyMCE included with it that apparently still had this issue.

Were you using a version of Cascade Server prior to 6.0 when this worked previously for you?

4. 4 Posted by ssuh on 02 Sep, 2010 08:13 PM

We were using cascade 6.0

it started when we upgraded to - versin - 6.7 - r14254

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 07 Sep, 2010 04:53 PM

It looks like the HTML source editor was a regular pop up window before our last major upgrade of TinyMCE (which took place somewhere around the 5.7.x~6.0 series). Since then, the source editor has been an inline pop up which most users tend to prefer since browsers won't prevent them from opening with their pop up blockers. This is TinyMCE behavior that we don't really have any plans on changing at the current time. However, please feel free to submit an idea on our Idea Exchange if you would like to see this functionality in the product.

Thanks

6. Tim closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2010 03:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac