7.2 Upgrade Tweeted All News Stories

Graham Lewis

15 Feb, 2013 09:37 PM

Just wanted to pass on that after we upgraded to 7.2, the twitter connector published all of the new stories on our news site. Not quite sure how that happened, but we had an e-mail from them this morning saying were having people complaining that they were receiving old tweets and when they looked at it they noticed a bunch of outdated material had been tweeted from cascade.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 18 Feb, 2013 01:59 PM

Hi Graham,

Thank you for notifying us. I do not recall hearing of this behavior yet, what version of Cascade did you upgrade from?

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Graham Lewis on 18 Feb, 2013 02:33 PM

I believe we had 7.0.4? Something like that

Graham Lewis
    Webmaster
    Jacksonville State University

www.jsu.edu

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 18 Feb, 2013 03:39 PM

Hi Graham,

Although we have not heard of this behavior, I am curious if you ran into this known defect in your previous version. Then, once you upgraded to 7.2, the Site was published which caused the Twitter Connector to re-publish the older content that had failed to be published in your previous version.

Can you confirm if the News Site had been published after the upgrade (around the time of the reports), or perhaps the entire articles Folder?

4. 4 Posted by Graham Lewis on 18 Feb, 2013 03:48 PM

We do a publish each night/morning of all content to update any blocks that needed to be updated.

I do not think we had any issues with the twitter connector not publishing any content. Everything seemed to be working fine. I looked at the link you sent and we didn't run into that issue.

Graham Lewis
    Webmaster

www.jsu.edu

5. 5 Posted by Graham Lewis on 18 Feb, 2013 05:05 PM

We have also had a user say she edited a page and published it a few times and none of the changes are there. Looking at the audits of her user, it does show that she edited and published the page. BUT when I look at the audits of the page itself, it doesn't show that it's been edited at all.

Graham Lewis
    Webmaster

www.jsu.edu

6. 6 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 19 Mar, 2013 12:09 PM

Hi Graham,

Apologies for the late response. Have you encountered any other related Twitter Connector issues since the upgrade?

I am still leaning towards the publish after upgrade being related to this known defect. Unfortunately, this issue did not throw any errors, so everything would have looked to be functioning correctly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

7. 7 Posted by Graham Lewis on 20 Mar, 2013 07:03 PM

No we haven't seen this happen anymore. Thanks for the follow up!

Also, Chris Newsome ([email blocked]), my counterpart in anything web here at JSU submitted a ticket last week and hasn't had a response to it. It's having to do with publishing errors - I'm thinking it could have slipped through the cracks somewhere.

Graham Lewis
    Webmaster

www.jsu.edu

8. 8 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 21 Mar, 2013 03:02 PM

Thank you for following up, Graham.

Our apologies, but we are not seeing a record of Chris' submission in our issue tracker. When you have a moment, can you have him forward his original email to support[at]hannonhill.com.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

9. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2013 03:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac