c8 Feedback

pesparza

25 Jul, 2016 05:00 PM

• Interface was not difficult to figure out. I personally like the modern look. Should help out the speed when navigating within the site.

• Is “My Content” the same as “History” on the Dashboard? Every draft or project will be listed here?

• I particularly like the modals on rollover.

• Aside from a different look the Dashboard is the same. I’m assuming content editors will have the same experience when they go to edit pages?

• Edit flow – Huge improvement! I’m assuming because this is an example site not all elements on the page are in-context edit available. “CTA” on index page not in-context editable, however, Is editable by edit tab.

• Not able to see the entire index page on a mobile device (iPad 2/iPhone 6) – unable to scroll to the bottom of page. Is this by design at this point? If not, there is some limitations accessing the CMS via mobile device.

• I was unable to add a user.

• Unable to edit left navigation on new page created.

This is progress…
Thanks,
Phillip

1. 1 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 26 Jul, 2016 01:43 PM

Is “My Content” the same as “History” on the Dashboard? Every draft or project will be listed here?

My Content does incorporate history in its "Recent" tab. Was it clear that History and Recent were the same thing?

As you noted though, My Content also includes all drafts, workflow, locked assets and any assets that you explicitly own via the content ownership feature.

Aside from a different look the Dashboard is the same. I’m assuming content editors will have the same experience when they go to edit pages?

Mostly, yes. One major difference is that there is only 1 dashboard configuration per user now as opposed to one per user per site. You can view the dashboard information through the lens of a particular site using the filter but the layout of the widgets is always the same.

Edit flow – Huge improvement! I’m assuming because this is an example site not all elements on the page are in-context edit available. “CTA” on index page not in-context editable, however, Is editable by edit tab.

Thanks! And yes, that is correct.

I was unable to add a user.

Correct. We limited access to some of the administrative features of the sandbox to better control the testing experience.

Unable to edit left navigation on new page created.

Can you elaborate or include a screencap using a tool like RecordIt or LICEcap?

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above.

2. 2 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 01 Aug, 2016 03:00 PM

Hi Phillip, wasn't sure if you saw my response above but please review and let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions.

3. 3 Posted by Bradley Wagner on 15 Aug, 2016 03:10 PM

HI Phillip, please see my comment above and let me know if you have any questions or have any more information about the issue you were having about editing navigation. Thanks!

4. Bradley Wagner closed this discussion on 15 Aug, 2016 03:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac